FILL IN YOUR REGISTRATION FORM
This registration form calculates automatically the price of your course
You only pay now for your course. The accommodation and transport fees (in case there are) will be paid upon arrival at the school.
Note: Alma Mater makes test to all students on the first day of the course.
Base Course chosen for the registration*
(Our prices here)
Complementary courses (as many as you like)
ALMA MÁTER 10 (5 INDIV)
ALMA MÁTER 11 (5 CULT)
ALMA MÁTER 12 (5 LIT)
ALMA MÁTER 13 (5 CONV)
ALMA MÁTER 14 (5 WRIT)
ALMA MÁTER 15 (5 OEN)
Course start and end dates
Note: Course registration is measured in weeks. Courses always start on Mondays. If sign-up is completed on a day other than Monday, the sign-up date will be recorded as the previous Monday.
In case of emergency contact
Date of birth (DD/MM/AAAA)
Relationship with the student?
(For our prices, please click here)
If you have chosen Other options as accommodation option, please describe your wishes here in detail (accommodation in dormitories, hostels u hotels). Please, specify all the requirements that we should keep in mind to find the accommodation that best suits you
Arrival: The first day you make use of the accommodation
Departure: The last day of your stay at the accommodation.
If you want to choose the option of family accommodation please complete the following fields
If you select shared room
Full name of the partner
I want to be the only student of my language in the family
Deseo I want to be the only foreign student in the family
Health problems / medication
If yes please indicate information to consider
I am a vegetarian
If yes please indicate information to consider
I require a family without a dog
I require a family without a cat
I accept the following General Conditions (compulsory for the Registration submission)
1. Alma Máter Ávila will contact you within 48 hours
2. The sign up process will be considered complete by filling out and submitting the previous form. The accommodation and transport fees (in case there are) will be paid upon arrival at the school.
3. If students wish to cancel their enrolment, they are entitled to a refund of part or all of the sign-up fees as long as the cancellation is made before the start of the course. The refund policy is as follows:
– if notified with at least 30 days notice, 75% of the fee will be returned;
– if notified between 15 and 29 days before the start of the course, 50% of the fee will be returned;
– if notified between 1 and 14 days before the start of the course, 25% of the fee will be returned;
These percentages will be applied to the amount that remains after subtracting the security deposit and the non-refundable expenses (bank charges if any, express mail charges if any, and transfer costs if any).
If the student had applied for a VISA to come to Spain and study at Alma Máter Ávila, the terms and rates stated before will not be applied: in this case, the student will only be entitled to a refund if the VISA is eventually denied, and under the terms and conditions expressed under point 5.
4. Alma Máter Ávila reserves the right to cancel the sign up of any student that has not paid all the corresponding fees or who behaves in any inappropriate manner in any circumstance. In both cases the student will lose the right to a refund.
5. If a student needs to ask for a VISA to study at Alma Máter Ávila, school the school will send all documentation requested by the student , provided that corresponds to broadcast it
(once the registration payment is received). If eventually the student does not get the VISA and can prove it with the official refusal letter, Alma Máter Ávila will refund the total payment – minus the security deposit and the bank and management fees -, except in the following cases:
– the VISA has been refused because the student has provided false documentation
– the student sends Alma Máter Ávila a false VISA refusal letter; in this case, furthermore, Alma Máter Ávila will immediately inform the Spanish Embassy about it,
– the VISA has been refused because the student has not the appropriate level of Spanish language; in this case, the student must improve his/her Spanish until he/she reach the appropriate level and then he/she must apply for the VISA again.
If the visa is granted to the student and he refuses it later, for whatever reason, the refund conditions that could be applied to the student then, would be the same rules that apply to all students who do not need a visa (see point 3).
6. Besides classes, the price of the course includes:
– Level test on the first day at school.
– Cultural activities and specified free social events announced on the center’s bulletin/announcement board.
– Free Internet access within the school.
– The reservation of chosen housing (if there is such) and the possibility to change with justified reasoning (all other changes will result in an extra charge of 15€ each). In the case of a change in housing, notice must be given at least one week in advance of the desired date of change.
– Academic Certificate from Alma Máter Ávila.
However, all charges that could be caused by bank transfers (or similars) in order to complete the payment, are not included in the price of the course: they are considered responsibility of the own student.
7. Alma Máter Ávila commits to teaching to the end any intensive course (without complementary subjects such as “Conversation” or “Culture and Civilization”), One-to-one course or Spanish exam preparation course (DELE, regardless of the number of students that there may be at any moment of the course. Alma Mater Ávila nevertheless reserves the right to cancel any other course or complementary course when the number of students is less than 3; in this case, the remainder part of the course will be refunded to the student.
8. If the chosen form of housing is in a shared flat, the students must take into consideration the following:
– The flat is a student flat which has all necessary appliances but it might not have all the commodities of a family flat.
– It is the responsibility and obligation of the students living in the flat to clean and maintain it in good condition.
– The basic norms of community living, tolerance, and respect are to be maintained and upheld.
9. If the chosen form of housing is with a family, the students must take into consideration the following:
– The washing or laundering of clothes is included in the price and consists of one wash load per week. The family is not responsible for washing delicate items of clothing or items that may stain other items of clothing. It is the responsibility of the student to know these particulars.
– Students may not cook their own food unless they have reached an agreement with the family. Alma Máter Ávila does not interfere in these matters.
– Eating schedules and basic rules of community living as well as specific rules established by each family must be abided by.
10. Registered weeks with bank holidays in the middle will be charged as entire weeks, and classes corresponding to such holidays will not be recovered.
11. According to the Spanish Legislation relating to confidentiality and protection of personal data (Article 15/1999), personal information will be treated as private information by Alma Máter Ávila, escuela de lenguas y saberes. Alma Máter Ávila informs the student that personal data obtained through the free completion of this form will be included in a file for automated processing; the student, meanwhile, authorizes this treatment by accepting these conditions. The data is purely for internal use and is for statistical and administrative purposes – designed to help provide the services that the student requests and to communicate with him/her regarding these services. The data may be used during the provision of services and subsequent to the provision of services in dealing with outstanding matters related to these same services. In any case, in accordance with Spanish Legislation, the student may, at any time, exercise his/her rights of access, rectification, cancellation and opposition by writing to Alma Máter Ávila, 8CIF 06561650A) – which acknowledges and accepts responsibility for the control of the data -, to Plaza de Claudio Sánchez Albornoz númro 4. Esc B -1 p2. 05001 Ávila
The student also agrees that his/her image can be used for advertising when it appears in photos or video taken inside the school, or during extracurricular activities.
12. The student has read and understood the above conditions, and accepts them. The contract that this implies is a statement of civil law and respects the rights of the consumers, in particular in “el texto refundido de la Ley General para la Defensa de los Consumidores y Usuarios y otras leyes complementarias, aprobado por el Real Decreto Legislativo 1/2007, de 16 de noviembre, y el Decreto 13/2005, de 3 de febrero, de la Junta de Castilla y León, por el que se regula el derecho a la información y los derechos económicos de los usuarios de centros privados en los que se imparten enseñanzas no regladas”.